We invite proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the 22nd IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'14) that will take place in Karlskrona, Sweden during August 25-29, 2014.
RE'14 Workshops will facilitate the exchange of new ideas in all areas related to requirements engineering research and practice. In prior years, this has included requirements engineering and software architecture, sustainable systems, and requirements education. Formats can range from formative research paper presentations to extremely interactive and participatory sessions and all formats are welcome in 2014. We particularly invite proposals that cover controversial viewpoints, emerging technology drivers or transformative ideas aimed at changing basic assumptions about requirements engineering, where a focused dialogue among participants may lead to interesting follow-on research, empirical investigations or industrial practice improvement.
Please see the formatting and submission guidelines below when preparing a proposal.
Proposals must not exceed four pages in length, and must be submitted electronically in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
Proposals should contain the following eight sections as titled and answer these questions clearly:
- Motivation and Objectives
- 2-3 sentences with the motivation and objectives of the workshop topic. If your workshop is accepted then this description will be used as early publicity for the workshop.
- A short paragraph detailing the anticipated outcomes of the workshop (e.g., open research problems to pursue, validation objectives, empirical studies etc.).
- Format and Services
- What will be the format for the workshop, e.g., paper presentations, keynotes, breakout sessions, panel-like discussions, combination thereof? There are four 1.5 hour sessions in a typical full day workshop.
- How many days? (1 or 2)
- What special services are needed? Standard services include a room, projector and a student volunteer to assist with the room.
- Target Audience
- What type of background should the workshop attendees have?
- What mix of industry and research participants is being sought?
- What is the range of attendees desired for the workshop (minimum and maximum)?
- Is the workshop open to the public or by invitation only?
- How many and what type of papers will be solicited (number of pages and type: extended abstracts, position and/or research papers, etc.)?
- What type of evaluation process will be used to decide accepted papers?
- How many people will be on the program committee? Please list names of PC members if the committee has been tentatively invited.
- Workshop proceedings will be published in the IEEE Digital Library. If you wish to use a different publishing plan, then describe how you intend to disseminate workshop proceedings.
- Workshop History
- Have you offered this workshop before? If so, please provide a history of the venues, dates, and approximate attendance numbers.
- Organizers' Bios
- Please provide a brief 2-3 sentence biography for each of the workshop organizers that highlight their qualifications with respect to the workshop.
Please submit your workshop proposal in PDF format via EasyChair.
All workshop proposals will be reviewed by three members of the Workshop Selection Committee. Acceptance will be based on:
- Evaluation of the workshop's potential to advance the state of requirements engineering research and/or practice
- Relevance to requirements engineering and topics targeted for RE'14
- Potential for attracting a sufficient number of participants
- Organizers ability to lead a successful workshop
All participants, including workshop organizers and invited speakers, must pay registration fees for the workshop.
|Proposal Submission||Monday, January 27, 2014|
|Proposal Notification||Friday, February 21, 2014|
|Paper Submission||See individual workshop|
|Paper Notification||See individual workshop|
|Camera Ready Due||See individual workshop|
|Workshops||August 25-26, 2014|
All deadlines are 23:59 Baker Island Time.
Workshop Selection Committee
- Nelly Bencomo
- Neil Ernst
- Xavier Franch
- Ivan Jureta
- Sotirios Liaskos
- Nan Niu
- Birgit Penzenstadler
- Camille Salinesi
- Pete Sawyer